This is a wonderful preperation which you can store and use in the hot summers.Ingredients:
Pinapple juice - 6 cupsMethod :
Sugar - 12 cupsWater - 6 cups
Citric acid - 4 tsp
Pinapple essence - 1 tsp
Lemon yellow colour - 1/4 tsp
Potassium meta bisulphate - 3/4 tsp
- Skin a ripe pinapple and wash it. Remove the eyes using a sharp knife. Cut into big pieces and mash to a pulp. Strain it using a muslin cloth.
- Boil sugar, water and citric acid together in a vessel. Let the mixture cool down. Once it is cool, strain it to remove any impurities.
- Add pinapple juice, colour and essence to the mixture.
- Disolve potassium Metabisulphate in a little water and add this preservative to the prepared syrup.
- Mix thoroughly and bottle it in clean dry bottles, leaving little space on the top of the bottle.