Basmati rice - 1 cupMethod:
Cauliflower (cut into small pieces) - 250 grams
Green peas - 150 grams
Thinly sliced potatoes - 200 grams
Cinnamon - 2 sticks
Cloves - 4 to 5
Black pepper - 7 to 8
Bay leaves - 2 to 3
Green cardamom - 2
Thinly sliced onions - 2
Thinly sliced green chilli - 2
Vegetable oil - 4 tbsp.
Paste of green Coriander leaves, green chillies, ginger
Salt to taste
Garam Masala Powder - 2 tsp
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a pan. Fry bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon, black pepper for 1/2 minute on medium heat.
- Add thinly sliced onions, green chillies and fry till pink. Keep this aside.
- Take rest of the oil and fry all the vegetables for 4-5 minutes. This adds taste to pulao.
- Add paste of coriander leaves, green chilli and ginger to it.
- Add the fried onions, garam masala and salt. Stir and then fry it for 5 minutes.
- Add washed rice and water (slightly more than 2 cups). Cook on medium heat. Stir rice once while its getting cooked.
- Green spicy pulao is ready to serve. Decorate with chopped green coriander leaves.