Small potatoes - 1/2 kgMethod:
Coriander seeds - 1 tbsp.
Cardamoms (brown) - 4
Cloves - 4 to 5
Black pepper - 7 to 8
Cinnamon - 1 small piece
Caraway seeds - 1/4 tsp.
Cardamom (green) - 2
Asafoetida - a pinch
Bay Leaves - 4 to 5
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp.
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp.
Chilli powder - 1 tsp.
Medium size onion (grated) - 1
Fine yogurt (curd) - 2 cup
Milk - 1/2 cup
Ghee/oil - 4 tbsp.
Salt to taste
- Take coriander seeds, cardamoms, cloves, black pepper, cinnamon, caraway seeds, cardamom green and grind it in a blender to make fine powder.
- Peel off the potatoes and prick it.
- Heat oil in pressure pan for about one minute. Fry the potatoes in oil over medium heat till they change the color from white to light brown. Set aside.
- Add bay leaves, asafoetida, ginger-garlic paste, grated onion to the remaining oil. Fry till the paste becomes reddish brown and the mixture starts separating from the oil.
- Add the garam masala prepared in step1 to this mixture and heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt. Fry it about a minute.
- Now add milk to make the gravy. Then add yogurt (fine) and continuously stir it.
- If you find the gravy too thick, you can add some water.
- Finally add pricked fried potaoes to the gravy and pressure cook it. Switch off the gas after 4-5 minutes (before first whistle).