Eggplant (medium size) - 1Method:
Cooked green peas - 1/2 cup
Finely chopped onions - 1
Finely chopped tomatoes - 1
Finely chopped green chilli - 1
Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp.
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 tsp.
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp.
Vegetable oil - 3 tbsp.
Salt to taste
Chopped green coriander leaves for garnishing
- Brush eggplant with oil and roast it on a gas burner over medium heat.
- Frequently turn the eggplant upside down, until fully roasted.
- Once done, hold it under cold running water or in a bowl full of water. Cool it and peel off the blackened skin.
- Mash the flesh.
- Heat oil in a pan / kadhai . Add green chilli and onion and fry over medium heat until light golden brown.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt and stir. Add tomatoes and cook until tender.
- Add green peas and mashed eggplant. Stir well. Fry for 5-7 minutes over medium heat.