Boiled vegetables (9 varieties-potatoes, carrots, green peas, french beans, cauliflower, capsicum, cabbage,bottle gourd, cluster beans) - 3 cupsMethod:
Grated paneer - 150 grams
Tomatoes - 3
Grated onions - 2
Ginger paste - 1 to 1/2 tsp.
Garlic paste - 1 to 1/2 tsp.
Salt to taste
Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp.
Red chilli powder - 1 to 1/2 tsp.
Coriander powder - 1 tsp.
Garam Masala Powder - 2 tsp.
Cream - 2 tbsp.
Vegetable oil - 6 tbsp.
Ghee - 1 tbsp.
Milk / water - 1 cup
Dry fruits (cashew nuts, raisins) - 1/4 cup
Coriander leaves for decoration
- Boil tomatoes till tender. Allow them to cool. Then peel off the tomato skin to make puree. Readymade tomato puree can also be used.
- Take 1 tbsp ghee and slightly fry the dry fruits for about 1 min on medium heat.
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry onions and ginger-garlic paste till golden brown.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Next add tomato puree and dry fruits. Stir well and cook the mixture for 4 minutes. Ensure that the mixture doesn't stick to bottom of pan.
- Add milk (use water alternatively). Bring it to boil. Reduce the heat and cook until the gravy becomes thick.
- Add paneer to the gravy and stir well.
- Finally add all the vegetables to the above gravy and cook for 5-7 minutes.