Makes 2 bases
2 cups whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
2 teaspoons (10 grams) fresh yeast, crumbled
1 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons olive oil or oil
1 teaspoon salt
* Combine all the ingredients except the olive oil in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water until it is smooth and elastic.
* Add olive oil and knead again.
* Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and allow it to prove till it doubles in volume.(approx 15 to 20 min)
* Press the dough lightly to remove the air.
* Divide the dough into 2 equal parts.
* Roll each portion into a circle of 250mm. (10") diameter and 6mm.(1/4") thickness.
Use as required.