A nutricious alternative for the regular refined flour base.
Makes 2 bases
1/4 cup maize flour (makai ka atta)
1/4 cup jowar flour
1/4 cup millet flour (bajre ka atta)
1/4 cup wholewheat flour (gehun ka atta)
1 cup plain flour (maida)
2 teaspoons (10 gms) fresh yeast, crumbled
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil or oil
1 teaspoon salt
* Combine all the ingredients except the olive oil in a bowl and knead into
a soft dough using enough water until it is smooth and elastic.
* Add the olive oil and knead again
* Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and allow it to prove till it
doubles in volume (approx 15 to 20 minutes)
* Press the dough lightly to remove air
* Divide the dough into two equal parts.
* Roll each portion into a circle of 250mm.(10") diameter and 6mm.(1/4")
Use as required.