Scrumptious sweet corn and maize flour dhoklas ready within minutes.
Cooking Time : 25 mins.
Preparation Time : 30 mins.
1 cup maize flour (makai ka atta)
1/2 cup sour curds
1/2 cup sweet corn kernels
2 teaspoons ginger- green chilli paste
1/4 teaspoon asafoetida (hing)
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon Eno's fruit salt
2 teaspoons oil
salt to taste
For the tempering
1 teaspoon mustard seeds (rai)
1 teaspoon sesame seeds (til)
a pinch asafoetida (hing)
1 tablespoon oil
oil for greasing
For the garnish
1 tablespoon chopped coriander
* Combine the maize flour and sour curds with 1/2 cup of warm water in a bowl. Mix well to make a smooth batter. Keep aside for at least 30 minutes.
* Add the sweet corn, ginger-green chilli paste, asafoetida, sugar, lemon juice, oil and mix well.
* Add the fruit salt, mix gently and pour the batter into a greased 150 mm. (6") diameter thali. Steam for 15 to 20 minutes.
* Prepare the tempering by heating the oil, adding the mustard seeds, sesame seeds and asafoetida and frying until the seeds crackle. Pour the tempering over the prepared dhokla.
* Garnish with the chopped coriander. Cut into pieces and serve hot.
Tip: Add the Eno's fruit salt just before you put the dhoklas to steam.