Prep. Time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins.
Makes 6 Rotis
1/2 cup sweet corn kernelsMethod:
1/2 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 cup chopped coriander
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon oil
salt to taste
oil for cooking and butter to serve
- Grind the sweet corn kernels to a fine paste in a food processor (without using any water).
- Mix the corn paste with the rest of the ingredients in a bowl using water only if necessary and make a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a circle of 100 mm. (4") diameter.
- Heat a tava (griddle) and cook each roti on both sides on a slow flame until golden brown, using little oil.
- Serve hot topped with a dollop of butter.