Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
1 1/4 cups long grained riceMethod:
1 tablespoons urad dal (split black gram)
2 tablespoons moong dal (split yellow gram)
6 red chillis
4 to 5 curry leaves
2 tablespoons salted peanuts crushed lightly
2 1/2 cups (500ml) coconut milk
2 tablespoons oil
salt to taste
For the garnish
1/4 cup grated coconut
- Clean, wash and soak the rice for about 20 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker. Add the urad dal and moong dal and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the red chillis, curry leaves and peanuts and fry again for about 1 minute.
- Add the rice and saute for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and salt and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Serve hot, garnished with the grated coconut.